KTK Productions announces open auditions for:
Legally Blonde: The Musical
Music and Lyrics by Laurence O'Keefe and Nell Benjamin
Book by Heather Hach
Director - Dan Horst
Musical Director - Joe Schoen
Choreographer - Julia Wiegert
Assistant Director - Jeff McCalpin
Tuesday, July 31 at 7 PM and Wednesday, August 1 at 7 PM.
4716 Macklind Ave
St Louis, MO 63109
Show Dates: October 5, 6, 7 and October 12, 13, 14
Show and Rehearsal Location: St. John the Baptist, 4200 Delor St, St. Louis, MO 63116
Rehearsals will begin on Sunday August 12 and will be held on Sunday afternoons at 2 PM and 2 weeknights TBD at 7 PM. Rehearsals will increase closer to performance dates.
-No appointment is necessary. Please show up at 7 PM on the day that works best for you.
-Be prepared to list all conflicts between August 12 and October 14.
-Please prepare 32 measures of a song in the style of the show. Bring sheet music properly marked. Our musical director will accompany you on the piano.
- Please familiarize yourself with the following readings. You will be asked which reading your would like to do at the audition. Someone will read with you.
-There will also be a short dance combo taught at the audition. Dress appropriately.
In addition to the characters below, we will be looking for male and female ensemble members who can move well to take on multiple supporting roles. All ethnicities strongly encouraged to audition.
• Elle Woods - (Gb2-G5 Soprano Belt) - Elle is a very bubbly college-age girl who follows her ex-boyfriend to Harvard Law School and realizes that she has more than just a pretty face and a bubbly personality to offer the world! She is very lovable, determined, vulnerable, energetic and outgoing! A true triple threat, dance skills are a plus. Must be comfortable with dogs.
• Emmett Forrest - (B2-A4 Tenor) - Emmett is a smart, quirky, sensitive and personable
law student. He ends up taking Elle under his wing and believes in her when it seems that no one else does. Must be comfortable with dogs. A strong singer/actor with great comedic timing!
• Paulette Buonofuonte - (A3-A5 Soprano Belt) - Paulette is the funny owner of Hair Affair, a local salon. She becomes friends with Elle and longs to marry a man from Ireland. She and Elle help each other achieve their dreams! Must be comfortable with dogs. A Bostonian accent is a plus, a strong singer with a powerful belt to match the personality!
• Pilar, Margot, Serena - (G#3-F5 Belt) - Pilar is the sassy and sensible sorority sister. Margot is the seemingly dim-witted, boy-crazy sorority sister. Serena is the energetic cheerleader sorority sister. Margot, Serena, & Pilar are Elle's entourage who follow her through the story acting as her “Greek Chorus”. Strong singers and dancers with good comic timing and youthful energy!
• Professor Callahan - (A2-F#4 Baritone) - Callahan is a pompous and manipulative law professor at Harvard. Callahan should be charismatic but able to turn instantly into a conniving shark at the turn of a hat.
• Warner Huntington III - (Eb3-Ab4 Tenor) - Warner is attractive and charming but very self-absorbed. He will do whatever it takes to achieve his dream of becoming a senator, including breaking Elle’s heart. Actor must be very comfortable on stage to best display the character’s charisma!
• Vivienne Kensington - (A3-F5 HUGE Soprano Belt) - Vivienne is an overachieving, stuck-up, wealthy, smart and savvy law student who is intellectually driven. Yet she feels very threatened by Elle's presence at Harvard.
• Brooke Wyndham - (A3-G5 Alto or Soprano) - Brooke is an exercise video star and former Delta Nu sorority girl who was accused of murder. Being physically fit is a must for this role, to properly do high level aerobics with enough stamina to continue singing.
• Kyle B. O'Boyle - (no vocal requirement) - Kyle is a physically fit, smooth-talking UPS delivery man. We soon find out that he is Paulette's dream guy. Must be comfortable with dogs. Irish dancing skills are a plus!
• Enid Hoops - (G3-G5 Soprano Belt) - Enid is a strong, opinionated, feminist law student at Harvard. Great comedic timing!
Please email Dan Horst with questions - firstname.lastname@example.org